More About Criticism

I don't like how it seems accepted that there is an objective view in regards to criticism. Take Mystery Science Theater 3000 for example, they mock "bad" movies, but I enjoy a few that they make fun of, and I am sure there are people who like movies that I don't like. Appreciation is so subjective, I hate the band wagon mentality of the whole thing.

Star Wars Episode I I find is a well made movie, maybe I don't think that some parts are perfect, but nothing really is. There is so much great craftsmanship in CG, camera work, and music that I can't dismiss it as a bad movie. But lot's of people in the fan community just hate it.

Food is like that too, some people like certain dishes and others don't, I don't like it when people see their view as absolute. It has an anti-democratic feel to it, this "not being able to have different views". "You are with us or against us" is garbage.

Comments

  1. Yeah. Kinda like when everyone has seen "The Lost Boys", and agrees that you should too....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Update To People Who Read This Blog

Democratic Communism

Nazi Victory