Defining Oneself By Ones Illness

I am guilty of this, especially as of late.

People ask me what I do and I say I am disabled or something to that effect.

I do feel a basic human need to contribute to the highly complex mosaic that is humanity in some meaningful way instead of being a drain. I have worked at doing minimum wage tasks and it was awful, I didn't get a sense of achievement. I look up to people of accomplishment and wish I could be like that. I have lately been jealous of celebrities, I know, it's shallow.

So I do a few creative things, but they don't earn money so I feel dishonest telling people I am a writer or photographer.

And that eventually led to my dilemma of defining my being as what is wrong with me.

I wish I were a girl, because girls just wanna have fun!

Thank You Cyndi Lauper for my new life outlook.

Just gotta concentrate on having that fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update To People Who Read This Blog

Democratic Communism

Nazi Victory